When it comes to social media marketing, Instagram is at the forefront these days. And it can actually be so much fun. It’s an authentic and engaging way to connect with your audience without coming across as sales-y. But, like everything else you do to market your band online, you want to make sure that you’re maximizing your reach with every post.
Below, you’ll find my 8-step checklist to crafting the perfect Instagram post, and you can also download it here for FREE. By downloading my free Instagram checklist, you are free to do what you want with it. You can print it out, write all over it, or save it to your iPhone photos to have it handy before every Instagram post. The choice is yours!
- Is the description engaging? Does the caption call to action (tell followers to do something) or ask a question?
- Have I updated the link in my bio to lead followers to my new song, video, streaming link, etc.?
- Is the colour scheme on-brand? Do the colours in the photo visually complement the other photos on my Instagram grid?
- Are my hashtags on fleek? Am I using effective hashtags that will drive traffic to my post?
- Do I know what time my followers are online and is this the optimal time for posting? (Psst: you can find out by updating your Instagram to a business profile and checking out your insights there!)
- Will this post bring value to my fans? (Even if it’s just to make them smile?)
- Am I using the appropriate emojis to truly convey my message? Music notes? Laughing through tears? TACO EMOJI?!
- HOLD UP: Spell check! Are there any typos or errors?
Check off all 8 of these points before every Instagram post and you’ll be Insta-famous in no time!